Main Index | Search | New user | Login | Who's Online | FAQ

Reply to (Parti Marijuana du Canada)

Fill out the form below to post a message on the forum. HTML is enabled. Markup is enabled, so you may use markup in your posts. Anonymous postings are allowed, so you may choose any unregistered name to post under.

Username

Subject

Email all replies to my real email address

I want to preview my post .

In response to:

Poster: Lucas
Subject: Re: En réponse à Rage canadienne.

Salut,
Je suis bilingue de naissance mais je connais les difficultés qu'on doit surmonté pour communiquer dans une autre langue car j'apprends l'espagnol depuis un ans. La conversation est la seule façon d'apprendre. Je crois que beaucoup de gens n'osent pas s'exprimer en français ou en anglais car ils ne maîtrisent pas parfaitement la langue et ne veulent pas paraître ridicule.

Les traducteurs automatiques ne font que vomir des mots pris un à la suite de l'autre et certaines phrases perdent leurs significations. Une personne qui s'exprime dans une langue qui n'est pas la sienne, dans bien des cas ne fera pas beucoup mieux qu'un traducteur automatique.

Je suis capable d'apprécier et d'encourager les efforts d'une personne qui me parle dans une langue qui n'est pas la sienne et je crois que cela est d'une importance capitale. Je suis moins indulgent pour la technologie et si je dois faire le choix entre encouragé les gens a faire un effort, ou encouragé une technologie qui fait un travail d'une qualité moins que médiocre, ce qui du même coup stimulerait le développent du "McDonalds" de la traduction sur internet, je préfère encouragé les gens à essayer.

Je lève mon chapeau à tous les candidats, bilingues ou non, vous faites un travail formidable =)
Lucas, webmaster

--------

Hi,
I'm bilingual since birth but I'm familiar with the difficulties one must overcome to communicate in another language because I've been learning spanish for a year. The only way to learn a language is by conversation. I think a lot of people don't dare to speak in english or french because they feel that they arn't good enough and they don't want to look stupid.

Automatic translating systems just cough out words taken in the same order they came from and some sentences loose their meaning. In many cases, a person expressing himself in another language won't do a much better job than the automatic translater.

I can appreciate and encorage the efforts of a person talking in a language that isn't his own and I think that it's very important to do so. However, I'm much more critical when it comes to technology. If I must choose betwen encouraging people to try hard, and a technology that can't do a half descent job, wich would at the same time stimulate the growth of the "McDonalds" of translation on the internet, I'd rather encourage people to try.

Hats off to all the candidates, bilingual or not you're doing great work =)
Lucas, webmaster

marijuanaparty.ca